Sunday, March 7, 2010

Me and the fact that I'm quitting my job

I did it, I finally did it! I gave my two weeks notice to my manager at jamba juice today, but I didn't do it the ordinary way. My work environment is pretty laid back, and my manager is the same way. He's also younger than me. So after a debate and the fact that I was too chicken to call, I gave him my notice via text. Yes, I realize that is very unprofessional. And I won't do it again, I swear. But I did it, and even though I don't have a job lined up right now, I'm glad I did. My departure is long overdue. I've been needing a job with more money/more hours for awhile now. As of right now, it's looking like my future may be in promotional modeling. And although I have been wanting to get into bartending, I'm not sure if seeking training/employment of that sort is a good idea right now because there is a slight chance I will be interning out of AZ this summer. Promotional modeling seems like easy work, I just have to work on the whole weight issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment