Monday, March 1, 2010

Maturity

Today has been an interesting one. I originally planned on posting a blog on the topic of maturity. I just decided to make a blog about a few different things.

I will start with maturity, or the lack there of in my life. Throughout elementary through high school, I considered myself to be more mature than most of my peers. 95% of the time I did the right thing. Recently, meaning in the past year or so, I've noticed a difference in my actions. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the fact that I have developed a carefree attitude over the years? I feel like I'm behind a lot of kids my age in the maturity department. It's weird. For the longest time I was ahead, now I'm behind. I don't know how it happened. I'm apparently a rebel of some sort

2nd topic is about my job, and how my job performance has been somewhat affected by my maturity. I work at a jamba juice at arizona state u. I haven't been the biggest fan of it for quite awhile now. I don't get enough hours, the time goes by so slowly sometimes, I deal w/spoiled freshmen, and I have to take the light rail to work :( I've also begun to feel like my co-workers don't like me anymore. I realize I'm not the fastest, most efficient jamba juice smoothie maker, but I feel like I get the job done. However, sometimes I feel like I'm not up to par considering how long I've worked there. Adding up all the months I have worked at the same JJ equals over a year. Today while I was eating my lunch, I gotta text from my manager: "verbal warning: you can't just get up and leave." I took off today, 15 minutes early, without permission of my manager (he was on break or something). I left early because we were obviously overstaffed. Sadly, I didn't think twice about sending a text to my manager asking him if I could leave. Why?? I know better. What's gotten into me?

Ok, I've forgotten what else I was going to talk about, soo...I'm just gonna leave this post as it is

No comments:

Post a Comment