Monday, July 12, 2010

What do you have in store for me fall 2010?

I am writing this blog to get more blog experience, and to discuss my current situation with figuring out my life. After my 3rd time trying, I finally got accepted to do the Disney College Program again. It's a long story, but I did not finish the program the first time I did it in 2008 due to being terminated. I got accepted for this fall semester. Yes I do not know when I am finishing college. I would like to someday, I just don't know when it will happen. I have been thinking a lot about just getting an online degree in something just to have a degree and make mom and dad happy. I'm getting a little off track. Anyways, here are my options for this coming semester:

1. Do the Disney College Program- I won't be getting paid well, but I will be having a lot of fun. That aspect of it is important to me. I feel like my social life and network of friends have dwindled the past year and a half. And this time I will be over 21, unlike the first go-around hahaha... What really sucks about this option is the fact that I will have to pay rent for my apartment in AZ. It's another story, but my roommate won't let me have a replacement (unless it's someone she knows) due to having trust issues with roommates in the past. She's pretty much against me doing it period. Disney also "charges rent" for its CP's- it's about $80/week. On top of that, I have credit card payments :( If I go with this option, I will have to work 50 hrs/week and/or see if I can get a 2nd job somehow. Some people would say "why don't you try again in the future?" I say "I'm sick of applying for this thing! It's either now or never again!" Something else I would like to say about this option is I have considered finishing school in Florida. It was also something I had in mind the first time I did the program, but then I was terminated and it felt like my life was over. I honestly decided to return to ASU after that because I didn't want to stay in Colorado and I didn't know where else to go- well, I had some places in mind. But the way my parents control my life...

Something I have also kept in mind about this option is at least giving it a try. If I can't pay for what I need to pay for, then I would leave. Yes that sounds pretty major. I guess I would just go back to Arizona if that were to happen, or see what else is going on somewhere else... If you can't tell, there is some gypsy blood in me

2. Stay in school and work- This option seems reasonable but I just hope I wouldn't regret it. I have had 2nd thoughts about being a film student at SCC, but I haven't given up quite yet. I would like to learn more about the subject and create more projects. I could always come back in the future. With this option I would take a decent amount of credits and then work as much as possible. I don't technically have a job lined up though. I have been trying to get involved in the world of promotions though because they pay well. This option could be overwhelming

3. Just work- I would really like to be in a good state financially and pay off all my credit cards, and save up money for the future. With this option, I wouldn't worry about school at all, I would just be working (obviously). Some people would say "don't put all your eggs in one basket." I say "I want my hdtv" I most likely wouldn't have much of a social life with this option, and I haven't discussed it with anyone. I could see my parents freak out about this one.

I don't know how I should end this blog

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... the Disney option sounds almost the same as option 3, except with college credits and less money. If school is burning you out, then option 3 sounds eh. How about mixing options 2 and 3? You could find a full-time job during the day, thus being financially stable, and take night/weekend/online classes so that way you'll still be earning credits and making your parents happy. Personally, the Disney thing sounds awesome, but also sounds like a burden.

    ReplyDelete